Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

Perspective

Matthew 11:28-30  "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Have you ever had a day that started badly and just got worse?  Me too!

I didn't sleep well.  The kids don't want to get up and ready for school.  You notice an "unauthorized" charge on your credit card statement.  The school telephones to let you know that your child called another child a name.  When your little ones do come home from school, they are fighting each other.

These kinds of days can cause you to lose proper perspective and the peace that we all crave.  When everything goes wrong it's hard to keep it together.  Believe me, I know all too well how hard it is.  So what do you do?

Begin each day with the Lord.  I need to begin my day with prayer.  Thank God for this new day.  Start the day with gratitude.  Review my memory verse and think about how to apply God's word to this new day.

What about those grumpy kids?  I can't force my children to be sweet and perky every morning.  All I can do is give them my best every morning.  When I wake them, I can pray over them and let them know that I love them.  I can remind them that they are loved by our great God.  When they can't find the right outfit or they accidentally spit on each other while trying to brush their teeth all at the same time, it might seem like the end of the world... but it's not!  Keep your cool, Mom, and remember they are just kids.  They need your guidance.  Continue to pray over them throughout the morning and throughout the day.  Even if they remain grumpy, you can keep your peace by keeping God close.

Life can be frustrating, but staying in the presence of the Lord throughout the day will help you to keep the proper perspective.  Lay your burdens at the feet of Jesus.  Trust Him to care for you.  Read and study His word.  Hide it in your heart.  Trust God; He has a plan even when it seems to you that the world is falling apart.  You are loved by a great God!

No comments:

Post a Comment