Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Why Worry

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own.  

Matthew 6:34


Have you ever looked around at your home and your family and felt completely and totally blessed?  When I find myself consumed with worry, I try to remember all of the multitudes of blessing that I enjoy.  If nothing good ever happens to me again, I have still been blessed beyond measure.  I have a wonderful husband and three sweet children.  I was blessed with a Mom and Dad and sister who gave me a secure and loving home throughout my childhood.  I have a warm bed to sleep in every night and food to eat when I am hungry.

So why do I dwell on things that may or may not happen tomorrow?  Why do I worry about things I have no control over?  I worry because I believe I have control over my life and I cling to that control - I worry about losing control.  When I worry, I need to remember who is really in control.  God is in control.  He has a plan and I can trust Him.

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own.  Matthew 6:33-34

As you read through the sixth chapter of the book of Matthew,  pray that God will show you your many blessings and that He will help you to give your need to control, over to Him.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your post. One of my favorite songs says "I'm blessed beyond my wildest dreams when I fall asleep each night." With our Loving God in control #WhyWorry.

    Carla Pollard, P31 OBS Group Leader

    ReplyDelete